- Good house and lap dogs.
- A hardy breed that is unlikely to break bones.
- Can be groomed with a soft brush to remove loose hair.
- A reasonably healthy breed that lives for approximately 12 to 16 years.
- Cannot swim so care must be taken around swimming pools.
- A low maintenance breed.
- Small, stocky dogs with smooth coats and a roach (arched) back.
- Compact appearance, standing at around 30cm (12 inches) in height.
- A male’s weight should be around 14kg, while a bitch’s should be around 12kg.
- Ears should stand stiffly upright.
- A comical and affectionate breed which requires companionship.
- Highly intelligent, and not yappy or loud.
- Recommended for apartment living and families.
- Can live in a flat with minimal exercise, however a daily walk is still good for the dog’s fitness.
- Should not be exercised in the heat of the day.
- Not a breed for the inexperienced beginner, with caesareans being common.